Author Topic: Class act !  (Read 990 times)

Offline BossStang

• 406-899-1217
Class act !
« on: March 15, 2019, 04:58:26 pm »
So the story goes this dude paid $20,000 because he wanted a matching Boss 302 for his Boss 429. Old guy who sold it wanted someone to get it to have a chance to build a real Boss 302. Was asking $41K now $37,500. Priceless https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Ford-Mustang-Deluxe/143170694767?hash=item2155a36e6f:g:YusAAOSw-kdciW~6
1970 Boss 302
1970 Torino GT 429 SCJ 4 speed
1971 Torino 500 3514 SPEED
2004 Mustang Gt
2003 Mach 1
1986 Mustang Convert

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
Re: Class act !
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 05:02:27 pm »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:29:35 pm by JohnSlack »
Parts are parts, cash is only money and doesn't have the same value. You get that right?

1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral (it's a '69 1/2 the popsicle colors are the best!)
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic

Offline dhunter

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 07:17:47 am »
Flippers are just confidence men so not a surprise, ripping people off is their job. Let’s just hope no one buys it.
"People in glass houses should not throw stones"

"Yes, I am sure you are a very important man in Mexico"

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 08:20:22 am »
I agree with the comments. That said, its called capitalism, and the seller can ask what he wants. However, 'asking' is far from 'getting' in this situation...
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Volvo 1800, being converted to Boss 302 power…coming soon!

Offline BossStang

• 406-899-1217
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:47:38 am »
My Buddy up in Montana was the second phone call. He has a Grabber yellow 70 Torino Cobra . As he told me the guy who was selling it at the time told him he wanted it to go to someone who didn’t have the money to buy a real one .Phil was the guy should have went to  but it is what it is . This is the second screw over on a Boss 302 Phil has got . Third times the charm ! Capitalism is what makes the world go around but being a liar to get it is something there is to much of these days . Just my 2 bits
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 12:38:53 am by BossStang »
1970 Boss 302
1970 Torino GT 429 SCJ 4 speed
1971 Torino 500 3514 SPEED
2004 Mustang Gt
2003 Mach 1
1986 Mustang Convert

Offline svo2scj

• No Life
  • Yeah it's the wrong paint and cap!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 12:44:06 pm »
Hi
I had taken the time to read BossLost's post earlier today ....was going to comment "probably has the disc frozen to the flywheel" reading the clutch issue.   (which can be unfrozen without much effort)

Seeing the DESCRIPTION in the Ebay ad (regardless of price etc etc) of "it starts and idles nice" is really deceptive SINCE we have all this info on this car HERE , as a result of "good people" !

It's funny I turn down a car a week - usually just because of "people" and it is getting harder and harder to find good ones!

Mark
Mark Haas
517 861 7630

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 07:13:56 pm »
Agree, capitalism is good. Lying, cheating, deceit, and fraud is not.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Volvo 1800, being converted to Boss 302 power…coming soon!

Offline BOSSHEMI

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 05:54:29 pm »
BossStang,

I would expect more from a Senior Member of this site, than calling someone he doesn't know anything about, a Liar, a cheat, and a confidence man. I am sure you had your hands full in the Montana foothills in a sleeping bag with your Buddy Phil watching reruns of Brokeback Mountain on Spanktravision and his teary eyed story brought you to your knees.  Whoa Nelly!, I am probably risking suspension from the best car site there is, here let me back her down a notch. After all I don't even know you or your Philly. And by the way Phil was whining in the NASTY personal message through EBAY he sent me he should turn his saddle around, so the horn is in the front.

I paid 25k cash, not 20k. Didn't trade any sheep either. Owner Ray, the Old guy I took advantage of, (he is 58, I am 57) had his friend "Shaky" list the car on Facebook for him. According to "Shaky" I was second caller. I offered 20k to feel him out. Them Boys on Pickers learnt me that one. He said nope. I offered 22k and he said if the 1st guy passes I will contact you. I told "Shaky" I was not looking for a Boss 302 but price and 41 miles away made it interesting. Plus a local friend with 18 Boss 302 cars lived nearby and I knew he would be on it and birddog me soon. I also told "Shaky" that only 1600 69 B2's were made so don't take less than 25k. (con man)

Seems 1st guy didn't ask the Misses and backed out. I got the call and went to pick it up in my Buddies King Ranch Dually and 2018 aluminum Intech enclosed trailer wearing my Boss 429 hat. (Sneaky huh!) Car was in a lean to, or run in shed. 3 walls and a roof. Fired right up and idled nice. "Shaky" specifically said, " I do not need a trailer, you can drive it to Manassas",  but I brought one because a lot can go wrong in 41 miles of country roads. I make a point not to discuss future intentions with owners and Ray never asked what mine were. If he asked my friend King Ranch I did not hear it. Also never said I was looking for a matching Boss 302 to My Boss 429.

Not that it matters to anyone on here but I work construction for a living. I buy and sell mostly Boss 429 cars and parts but occasionally stray. Trading in cars and parts on the side funds the hobby for me. If I sell a stock for profit, or a piece of land, its all good. Resell an underpriced car that the owner priced, not me, and I am a crook. Rays wife couldn't count those Benjamins quick enough, as it was for her new car. Ray also said if I passed there was a guy coming at 2p.m to make offer so it sounds like unless Phil was at Dulles Airport he was actually 4th in line.

So BossStang, and DHunter, Have you ever sold a Musclecar or part for profit? Hmmmmmmmmmm? You guys have more cars than me, when you get doubles of parts, or want to make room in the garage do you advertise on this Forum? I don't recall seeing free or cheap parts listed. I have never had a complaint or return on EBAY so I must toe the line somewhat.

Your Boy Phil said the Karma bus was headed my way. The Karma Bus pulls in my driveway daily and kicks me in the nuts. I don't whine, I take my Trump 2020 hat off and beat that 8!+(# back down the driveway.

Sincerely, Bernie

If the original owners son is around and interested call me
and I will turn the Blue Light Special light on for you.
(sell to you cheap) as I hunted for years for my Dad's Boss.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 06:08:47 pm by BOSSHEMI »
KK1336 Royal Maroon 820S

Offline abandoned_classics

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 07:50:35 pm »
BossStang,

I would expect more from a Senior Member of this site, than calling someone he doesn't know anything about, a Liar, a cheat, and a confidence man. I am sure you had your hands full in the Montana foothills in a sleeping bag with your Buddy Phil watching reruns of Brokeback Mountain on Spanktravision and his teary eyed story brought you to your knees.  Whoa Nelly!, I am probably risking suspension from the best car site there is, here let me back her down a notch. After all I don't even know you or your Philly. And by the way Phil was whining in the NASTY personal message through EBAY he sent me he should turn his saddle around, so the horn is in the front.

I paid 25k cash, not 20k. Didn't trade any sheep either. Owner Ray, the Old guy I took advantage of, (he is 58, I am 57) had his friend "Shaky" list the car on Facebook for him. According to "Shaky" I was second caller. I offered 20k to feel him out. Them Boys on Pickers learnt me that one. He said nope. I offered 22k and he said if the 1st guy passes I will contact you. I told "Shaky" I was not looking for a Boss 302 but price and 41 miles away made it interesting. Plus a local friend with 18 Boss 302 cars lived nearby and I knew he would be on it and birddog me soon. I also told "Shaky" that only 1600 69 B2's were made so don't take less than 25k. (con man)

Seems 1st guy didn't ask the Misses and backed out. I got the call and went to pick it up in my Buddies King Ranch Dually and 2018 aluminum Intech enclosed trailer wearing my Boss 429 hat. (Sneaky huh!) Car was in a lean to, or run in shed. 3 walls and a roof. Fired right up and idled nice. "Shaky" specifically said, " I do not need a trailer, you can drive it to Manassas",  but I brought one because a lot can go wrong in 41 miles of country roads. I make a point not to discuss future intentions with owners and Ray never asked what mine were. If he asked my friend King Ranch I did not hear it. Also never said I was looking for a matching Boss 302 to My Boss 429.

Not that it matters to anyone on here but I work construction for a living. I buy and sell mostly Boss 429 cars and parts but occasionally stray. Trading in cars and parts on the side funds the hobby for me. If I sell a stock for profit, or a piece of land, its all good. Resell an underpriced car that the owner priced, not me, and I am a crook. Rays wife couldn't count those Benjamins quick enough, as it was for her new car. Ray also said if I passed there was a guy coming at 2p.m to make offer so it sounds like unless Phil was at Dulles Airport he was actually 4th in line.

So BossStang, and DHunter, Have you ever sold a Musclecar or part for profit? Hmmmmmmmmmm? You guys have more cars than me, when you get doubles of parts, or want to make room in the garage do you advertise on this Forum? I don't recall seeing free or cheap parts listed. I have never had a complaint or return on EBAY so I must toe the line somewhat.

Your Boy Phil said the Karma bus was headed my way. The Karma Bus pulls in my driveway daily and kicks me in the nuts. I don't whine, I take my Trump 2020 hat off and beat that 8!+(# back down the driveway.

Sincerely, Bernie

If the original owners son is around and interested call me
and I will turn the Blue Light Special light on for you.
(sell to you cheap) as I hunted for years for my Dad's Boss.

I understand your frustration. I myself am an honest car flipper. Don’t really understand why everyone thinks a flipper is the devil, but I have given more cars to enthusiasts and helped out a lot of people by paying 10 times the mount of money for that “old car” sitting in their yard than other people driving by were offering. Some of which begged me to buy it like my 1969 SC rambler.

But I am 24 years old. I work construction making 45k a year and in three years I have bought my 1970 BOSS 302, 1968.5 CJ Fastback and my 1965 K code fastback. Two of which were sitting in yards and had the owners sell to me after being asked to sell by tens or hundreds of people driving by. Just because you’re a flipper doesn’t mean your not an enthusiast. I wouldn’t be able to own the cars I have today without car flipping. Most people don’t have the time to find, befriend, have the cash ready and buy a car at any given moment (and they aren’t all pretty, cleaned up and ready to be sold. You’re taking a huge risk most of the time). But when they are ready, they call me and pay more than I did so they don’t have to do all of that.
1965 K-Code Fastback (Some OG Paint)
1970 G-Code (Original Paint BOSS 302)
1968 R-Code Fastback (Special Order Paint)

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 07:51:41 pm »
Interesting...
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline gt40tt

• PT Group
  • No Life
    • http://www.1969boss429.com
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 12:09:20 pm »
Sounds like sour grapes to me !
Somebody got the deal and somebody didn't , get over it.

Offline Hoss302

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 12:10:58 pm »
I like that...Honest Flipper!  People have been flipping things since there was dirt.  There is nothing wrong with flipping anything in America: coins, baseball cards, real estate, tractors, apples etc.  Sour grapes I say, and I have felt that hard, painful grape feeling many times.  Well, a long time ago my wise dad wanted to help me feel better after I missed a good deal on a 1973 Dart (I know WTF but I liked them).  He could see I was bummed out and commented to me..."Son, don't you know there is ALWAYS a better deal?"  At the time I did not believe him, but 40 years later I see that his words were indeed very true!  Keep looking and with time you will find a better deal.  I've done my share of whining too. But as long as the playing field is level there is hope. So, no more whining...this is America!!