Author Topic: 428 CJ hood decal  (Read 457 times)

Offline Plinker

• Cool Newbie
428 CJ hood decal
« on: April 08, 2019, 07:27:37 am »
I Know this is not a Boss but need advice on how to get the sticker on with out wrinkles, the car is nearly done, just finishing up the last few items! I read somewhere that there is some kind of solution you can wet it down with to position the decal, any advice appreciated.

Offline rickmustang

Re: 428 CJ hood decal
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:14:14 am »
A drop of soap or two works ok in distilled water. I cleaned my Hood with 3M adhesive cleaner then used a solution I purchased along with a squeegee for my stripes. For my hood decal, I made up 428 decals using 3M Matt wrap material. They match the hood stripe paint on my Mach 1 and are slightly thicker than repos so the go on without wrinkles. I have numerous left over if interested.

Offline Plinker

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 05:56:48 pm »
I bought the stripes from West Coast Classic Cougar for a Cougar Eliminator, I will look for the solution at a store and try that, thanks for the info!

Offline rickmustang

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 07:19:17 pm »
I can look at my solution this weekend if needed

Offline katnip302

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 11:21:01 am »
Hello Plinker,

I have this Marti repro 428CJ Hood Stripe available that already has the integrated Cat head on the hood nose area of the stripe.  Silver stripe w/ Black Cat head.
Kevin Marti no longer makes this stripe kit.  I have had it stored in a box, and on a closet shelf within our home for a number of years.
Here's a link to the ad that I have posted on the CCC forum:  https://classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10819
If interested, please feel free to contact me.  Thanks.
katnip302