Author Topic: Mark Brown... Back In The Saddle (Pic added)  (Read 1834 times)

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
Re: Mark Brown... Back In The Saddle (Pic added)
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 01:23:20 pm »
After reflecting on the last few years of your adventure both known and not known by us here in the website in it's different levels and iterations. I come with the absolute sense of this was an important circle. You had what in my opinion was arguably one of the nicest 1970 BOSS 302 Mustangs in existence, your red car was really nice. But as you owned it, that car owned you as well it caused you to freak out at the thought of just driving it. But that car was also instrumental in coordinating your journey with Parnelli. A journey that took you beyond Parnelli "The Racer" to the level of Parnelli "Your Friend". You shared really great friend time with him. That was demonstrated by the fact that you never had to read in a magazine that Parnelli had decided to sell his car and move on. Parnelli had already chosen you as the next caretaker for the car he had you and GS build. (I know you did most of the put it back together.) Now your back here among the members of this group that never considered you not one of us with a car your going to enjoy on multiple levels. It will always remind you of the journeys you have been on.

John

John- Thank you for the very kind words.

Your Friend- Mark

Mark/San Diego

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 01:30:00 pm »
I did have the pleasure of video taping this car at the SAAC convention at Fontana Speedway a number of years ago when GS owned this Boss. Very nice indeed. GS was very gracious, and that was when I first met him. What intrigued me the most he installed the Cross-Boss and Inline like my car had, and it was Parnelli's car. What makes this whole story come full circle for me, GS bought my old Boss 302 T/A car years later.

The car you saw in Fontana with the Cross-Boss was GS’s Bright Yellow Car. This car is not the same car and was built by myself and GS for Parnelli.

Ok, thanks for the correction.
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 03:16:29 pm »
I did have the pleasure of video taping this car at the SAAC convention at Fontana Speedway a number of years ago when GS owned this Boss. Very nice indeed. GS was very gracious, and that was when I first met him. What intrigued me the most he installed the Cross-Boss and Inline like my car had, and it was Parnelli's car. What makes this whole story come full circle for me, GS bought my old Boss 302 T/A car years later.

This was not the BOSS 302 that GS Johnson owned. This is a different car.
John
Facebook, hmmmmm. To Serve Man.....it was a cook book.
Beware of things that are free, If a company or service actively and aggressively pursues you to be a part of their customer base, then you are not that companies "customer". You are the product that company is selling.

2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral
1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)

Offline bosscougars

• Needs A Job
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 09:59:37 pm »
Mark---Welcome back. It was great meeting you and Randy for lunch in Sallisaw OK on your way to the 2005 Nationals. I hope everything is going good for you and yours. Congratulations on your new car, it's a beauty.
Take care
Frank

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2019, 11:47:33 pm »
Mark---Welcome back. It was great meeting you and Randy for lunch in Sallisaw OK on your way to the 2005 Nationals. I hope everything is going good for you and yours. Congratulations on your new car, it's a beauty.
Take care
Frank

Frank! Great to hear from you!
I remember our lunch in Okla very well. Doing ok out here and I hope all is well back there. It’s awesome being behind the wheel of a BOSS again, this one I’m keepin’! Wish my buddy Randy could see it, I’m sad to report we lost him to cancer a few years ago. He was a great friend and is missed dearly. You still got that mile long trailer hauling cars all over the place? Again, great to hear from you.

Mark/San Diego