Author Topic: WANTED RADIATOR CORES 200 DOLLARS  (Read 919 times)

Offline KevinsKlassics

WANTED RADIATOR CORES 200 DOLLARS
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:40:10 am »
I am looking for radiator cores, these will come out of 351 cars, 302 cars, CJ cars and a lot of different Mustangs. I have pictures but for some reason I cant add them here when I hit attachments it doesnt give me that option. I will pay 200 dollars if both tanks and straps are correct or 50 dollars for each correct piece. The top tank has to say fomoco in the small letters with the line around it, the bottom tank can have the automatic holes in there or not either way is fine I just need the opening to be on the drivers side. The side straps are the lighter steel version and there are several variation that are correct. It doesnt manner what it says on the straps because I will restamp them. Just to make it clear I will pay 50 dollars for the correct top, 50 dollars for the correct bottom and 50 dollars each for each correct strap and I dont care about the core that gets replaced anyway. Plus I will pay for shipping to my shop. If you want pictures on your phone or emailed to you just let me know. Thanks Kevin Manley 612-275-8722 kevinmanley2005@yahoo.com

Offline noboss

• True BOSS 302 Exhange Enthusiast
Re: WANTED RADIATOR CORES 200 DOLLARS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:21:30 pm »
Just curious if you found any , I have not seen a $200 core in a long time , there usually over 400 to 600 minimum as the tanks and straps are the key for a re core

Offline KevinsKlassics

Re: WANTED RADIATOR CORES 200 DOLLARS
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 02:44:23 pm »
400-600 is way too much. If you pay 400-600 for the straps and tanks, then 500 for the radiator guy to put in a new core your already at 900-1100 dollars. We spend about 10 hours taking the dings out of the tanks and making them looks like new. our shop rate is 60 dollars an hour so 10 hours would be 600 dollars. There is no one that is willing to pay 1,500-1,700 for a restored radiator plus there would be no point for me doing it. I am swamped at the shop all the time and dont need more work to do so if I cant even make shop rate there is no point. It doesnt have to be a Boss 429 core or a Boss 302 core there are a lot of cars that work such as a 351 car. If someone is asking 400-600 hundred for one that is more then I can pay and the only person that would buy that is someone restoring their own car or they are desperate to have one. When you see them on ebay for 400-600 dollars they rarely sell.
     I find them sometimes for 100 dollars, but I have bought a lot for 200 dollars. I would say I buy about 15 per year, and a lot of them have been used up so you have to look harder then you used to but they are out there. 200 for straps and tanks only is a fair price to pay. Even at that price I have to ask 1,400 just to make shop rate and thats a lot for a radiator. I have stopped doing them for other people and just do them for my customers right now. I did promise a guy the other day one but not to often do I do one for someone else they are just too much work and they are hard to come by. Thanks Kevin