Author Topic: FYI  (Read 547 times)

Offline gt40tt

• PT Group
  • No Life
    • http://www.1969boss429.com
FYI
« on: June 26, 2019, 05:30:36 am »
First, let me thank BOSSHEMI again for his endorsement.
Bernie has, had , restored , and sold quite a number of BOSS 429's over the years and has always spoken I believe with uncanny accuracy when describing cars he has dealt with.
That being said, I have been asked about rust issues, original parts, and mileage as well as other topics regarding KK 1824 so I thought I would state the following ,all of which can be documented with photos or other paperwork.
When I started the renovation of KK 1824 around 2003 it had been sitting in my garage over 25 years . The circumstances would fill enough pages for a book and perhaps that will happen some day.
Suffice to say Uncle Sam, marriage, children, employment , and housing took preference over "The BOSS"
Fast forward, in 2003 the car was taken apart down to the last nut and bolt.
As disclosed to several interested parties the floor pans and footboxes were as pristine as when it rolled off the assembly line .
However, due to the daily driver status in the first 2 years of the Boss's life there was some pinhole rust around the pin on letters on the trunk lid as well as around the tail lights on that panel.
The body man assured me he could fix the holes but I decided that I would shop the aisles at Carlisle to see if I could find replacements.
And I was successful beyond expectation. Original Ford parts in red oxide.
I am pretty sure even the Concours crowd would accept these and likely could not spot them without disclosure.
I still have the originals just in case.
So, thats it for rust questions,its as rust free and solid as a new car.
The mileage on the car is original, 25655, and I can account for every one of them.
As far as original parts, I have many of them but things like the smog system were somehow lost back in late 1969 when I was looking for a bit more HP.
Any and all parts that I removed and still have will go with the car to it's new owner when it is sold.
Previous posts on this forum have outlined the build and changes made.
But if someone really wanted to return it to Concours condition they would certainly be able to ,and they would have possibly the best platform to start with that is available.
With Concours Raven Black cars exceeding $500,000.00 and survivors with original paint around $450,000.00 it would still be profitable.
Even rusty project cars exceed $160,000.00
I could bring it back to Concours myself but it's way more fun to drive as it sits . There wasn't a car show or event I visited since Boss Cars at Carlisle in 2005 that it was the center of attention and received some sort of trophy or award.
All inquires will remain confidential and when it passes on to its new owner they can do with it as they wish. As the attachment feature on this site is not working please send me an email address for complete information and pics.
Weather as is or Concours you will have one of the few and nicest Raven Black BOSS 429's Ford built.