Author Topic: Dave Walden of ECS Automotive Concepts  (Read 447 times)

Offline shotgun

Dave Walden of ECS Automotive Concepts
« on: July 12, 2019, 01:26:35 pm »
Apparently passed away from cancer on or about 7/5/19. I'm sure someone else has more details but what a loss to the restoration world. He made the excellent quality decals etc that most vendors sell, plus date coded glass, among other items.
RIP Dave
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:47:05 am by shotgun »
69 Boss 429
69 GT350
68 Fastback 428CJ
sold: 70 Boss 302 W code

Offline Gus-SK-Boss

• PT Group
  • No Life
Re: Dave Walden of ECS Automotive Concepts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 11:35:50 am »
Yes another great loss.  My condolences to his family.
God's speed Dave.
Gus

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 12:02:15 pm »
I got a message from daves wife last week when i was in alaska that he had just passed away. He was improving from 2 operations early last year but the second operation didnt go well the way i understand it. I seen dave last sept on my way to kansas boss meet and i took him a set of original tires for his trans-am he was working on and i thought he was improving. I have worked with dave last 20 years on making concours correct items mainly original decals and tags that ford never serviced. I would give dave a decal or tag and say i bet you cant make this like factory original and he would work on it till he got it right as he was a perfectionist and wanted & cared to get it correct doing lt as a side job  untill he started ECS named after his 3 sons. He was a real car guy and restored several muscle cars as perfect as possible. His automotive products were made as close to original as possible and he came up with RPM Rust Preventitive Maintaince product that protects bare metal from rusting and its the best  product we have found. ECS has a great working staff and the business will continue in daves honor but he will be greatly missed. RIP Dave Walden

Offline 430dragpack

• No Life
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 01:45:45 pm »
Truly sad.  He invited me to his house one time(never had met each other before) to look at his Grabber Blue BOSS 302 and other cars “just because” I was in the Saint Louis area.  Very hospitable and generous with his time.  I told him I had one of his decals that the adhesive wasn’t sticky enough to hold, so he went into another room and handed me three...no charge. RIP Dave.

Offline boss1ncj

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 12:55:19 pm »
A true loss for his family and friends, and the restoration world for sure.  Dave was a great guy to talk with, and he always wanted to get the details right on his automotive projects.  RIP Dave.