Author Topic: Not Mine  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Mike G.

• Needs A Job
Re: Not Mine
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 05:14:40 am »
When I first saw this I was excited thinking it was a special paint silver car, but it is not. Calypso with white interior is also very nice though. Mike G.

Offline kevin427

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:28:15 am »
certainly not the original engine.

Offline competitionorange

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 09:44:13 am »
Very high option car. Great colors. I have never seen a "Company Lease Plan" on a Marti.

Looks like some rust. Was delivered to Michigan so probably spent some time in the winter snow  :-\

Offline CHIZ_65

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:14:21 pm »
Not bad, not bad. Still has the rain gutter for the rev limiter!
1965 Fastback 289 A-Code
1970 Grabber Blue BOSS 302
2011 GT Roushcharged

Offline jwrboss302

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 09:50:23 am »
Its mine, I bought this car and had it transported to the East Coast.  Always wanted a Calypso Coral 70 Boss.  It will join my 70 Bright Yellow one.  Everyone needs two.
JWR
0T02G128309
0F02G116303

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 10:00:48 am »
great buy. How is the condition in person?

Offline jwrboss302

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 11:51:41 am »
There are some rust issues which I knew going in.  floors, quarters, torque box on drivers side is iffy.  Trunk isn't bad.  Trunk lid is great, hood also, original fenders still on the car and good.   I am still looking but I do not think this car has been in an accident ever.   It has a 69 302- 2V in it and seized.  4 speed is still there.  Biggest disappointment was the 8 inch rear under it, but with the staggered shock parts. All the power steering parts are there, and sway bars  I already have a 70 boss complete motor with all the fixings, dist, carb, fuel pump, shaker, etc.  So my search list is a rear end and the missing tach dash.  The interior is supposed to be white, but all black seats and door panels are with it.  One other odd feature, bolt in glass on pass side, glue in glass drivers side.  I am guessing this car may have been stolen and stripped at one point in its life.
Jack

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 12:07:46 pm »
There are some rust issues which I knew going in.  floors, quarters, torque box on drivers side is iffy.  Trunk isn't bad.  Trunk lid is great, hood also, original fenders still on the car and good.   I am still looking but I do not think this car has been in an accident ever.   It has a 69 302- 2V in it and seized.  4 speed is still there.  Biggest disappointment was the 8 inch rear under it, but with the staggered shock parts. All the power steering parts are there, and sway bars  I already have a 70 boss complete motor with all the fixings, dist, carb, fuel pump, shaker, etc.  So my search list is a rear end and the missing tach dash.  The interior is supposed to be white, but all black seats and door panels are with it.  One other odd feature, bolt in glass on pass side, glue in glass drivers side.  I am guessing this car may have been stolen and stripped at one point in its life.
Jack

From what I have read some early built 70's got glue in door glass. Maybe one side had new parts on assembly line, maybe one side had leftovers?

Offline Bossgold

• No Life
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 03:24:01 pm »
more than likely the door might have been hit and previous owner bought a donor 69 door and replaced it. The 69 doors and 70 doors are different and many have had their projects repainted only to find they had a 69 door on one side. its subtle but they are unique to each year

BTW - jwrboss302   I'm glad it worked out on the purchase with the owner in Ceres..... ;D

Offline JohnKammer

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:15 am »
Jack,
Sent you a PM on the tach dash.

John
John Kammer
 KK1638 - Wimbledon White
johnkammer@cinci.rr.com