Author Topic: "Real Deal Boss 302" On Ebay - Not Mine  (Read 1106 times)

Offline 1NiceBoss

• One Off the Bucket List
"Real Deal Boss 302" On Ebay - Not Mine
« on: September 15, 2019, 05:58:15 am »
Take a look at this seriously wrong G code '70 B2 for sale on Ebay for $59,900. Nice car in the photos but something major seems not right about it. It's hard to tell in the photos but I don't see any shock tower reinforcements which makes it smell like maybe a Re-VIN? Anyone else see any other clues of this possibility? Just curious....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Ford-Mustang/223665079743?hash=item34137a45bf:g:JbkAAOSwM4RdfZPd
Live everyday like it may be your last...You just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Offline dieseldave

Re: "Real Deal Boss 302" On Ebay - Not Mine
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:34:30 am »
 Invoice says Grabber Green, AM radio, rear spoiler and standard black seats. Also there isn't a seam between the rocker and the quarter panel, bondo maybe?..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:17:42 pm by dieseldave »
dave302

Offline gtabert

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 07:12:47 pm »
This is kinda like a game, how many things can you find wrong;
Hood Scoop
Hood Locks
Shinny Black Everywhere
Tail Lights missing Argent
Chrome rear window trim
Rear Valance Exhaust Cut Outs
Dist Wrong
Wheels Wrong
Valve Covers Wrong
Hurst Shift Handle Wrong
Radio Heater Trim Wrong
Wiring Running up over top of right shock tower
The list goes on!
0F02G129946
Grabber Blue

Offline CHIZ_65

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:06 am »
Hood doesn't appear to be sitting right. A little high. Or the quarters need adjusting...Serious gap action on the sides. Previous owner made it his own, that's for sure. That said, It looks like a beautiful driver. Red speakers to match the exterior - right on!
1965 Fastback 289 A-Code
1970 Grabber Blue BOSS 302
2011 GT Roushcharged

Offline 1NiceBoss

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 02:49:50 pm »
My concern is if it is a Re-VIN if it indeed does not have the shock tower reinforcements. Besides all the wrong parts, anything else you guys see that is unique to the B2 body that's not there which would suggest this is a possibility?
Live everyday like it may be your last...You just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Offline CHIZ_65

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 05:27:34 pm »
My concern is if it is a Re-VIN if it indeed does not have the shock tower reinforcements. Besides all the wrong parts, anything else you guys see that is unique to the B2 body that's not there which would suggest this is a possibility?

I'd request 2 additional photos. 1.) The VIN stamped on the inner fender. 2.) A clear photo of the underside of the rear. Need to see if it at least has staggered shocks.

...Unrelated, but the Dash pad appears to be cracked on the left side of the center speaker/vent thing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:32:47 pm by CHIZ_65 »
1965 Fastback 289 A-Code
1970 Grabber Blue BOSS 302
2011 GT Roushcharged

Online 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 03:23:29 am »
 " something seriously wrong" ????  "Re-VIN " ????   Every thing is wrong..nothings right . Why before you know it you guys will have this car worth only 30K.  :D   Where is a shot of the engine bay? I did not see it in the ad. No wonder these cars value does not climb after the thrashing they get here.

Offline 1NiceBoss

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 12:21:58 pm »
I wouldn't call this a "thrashing". It's a group of very knowledgable individuals that can point out important issues for a not as yet educated perspective buyer. When someone advertises a "Real Deal Boss 302", we as forum members need to point out these things in case there is another forum member that may be considering this car. I personally value the expertise and knowledge of everyone on this forum because whenever I encountering an issue or if I have a question the forum members always come thru.

There are hi res engine bay photos in the listing on the bottom. This particular car on Ebay should be highly scrutinized when is it is suspected there may be a Re-VIN situation. All too often these cars are passed off as the "Real Deal" when if fact they are not. That is what really hurts the value of the cars we cherish so much...

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:48:20 pm by 1NiceBoss »

Online 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 03:39:29 pm »
Oh I agree that many will comment on B2's for sale. Not slamming you or others. But suggesting a Re-VIN or VIN swap is a pretty serious charge.. especially with no proof other than a picture. Imo it looks like a shock tower brace is present.. the gloss black and shadows seems to hide a lot of it. but following the outside leading corner downward I see a step up which indicates a brace.  That said;  before I made such a statement I would ask the seller directly. That are a number of B2's that had front clip replacements "back in the day" losing their apron VIN's and bracing yet still have correct windshield /door VIN  and title.
Hood scoops, valance panels, wore chrome instrument clusters and some badging..yeah.. I can see that... BELIEVE ME.. my car would be "picked" to death ! LOL  ;D

Offline CaBossFan

• Needs A Job
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 04:04:17 pm »
I was at the Fabulous Fords Car Show one year, checking out a 1969 BOSS 302, when someone nearby said "This isn't a real BOSS 302 as the stripes are wrong."  When I first took my 1970 BOSS 302 to our local Cars & Coffee, members of the local Mustang Club asked "Is this a real BOSS 302 or a replica?"  Oh well!!! 

Online 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 02:19:04 am »
I was at the Fabulous Fords Car Show one year, checking out a 1969 BOSS 302, when someone nearby said "This isn't a real BOSS 302 as the stripes are wrong."  When I first took my 1970 BOSS 302 to our local Cars & Coffee, members of the local Mustang Club asked "Is this a real BOSS 302 or a replica?"  Oh well!!!

I get that alot  but it is because our cars are so misunderstood and so many "tribute " cars out there. Any serious knowledgeable onlooker/buyer; no matter how the cars presents itself will go straight to the windshield and look at the VIN and tells me they know what to look for. Others that don't do that are just spectators and happily say  "Yes it is a real BOSS"  ;)

Offline 1NiceBoss

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 06:07:06 am »
Interesting the car has just disappeared off Ebay.....

Offline SSSupercobra

• Needs A Job
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 11:43:00 am »
Looking close I'm pretty sure I see the reinforcements on the shock towers. If this is worth $59k mine is worth $100k easy, lol. John
1970 Grabber Orange BOSS 302
2015 Black F150 Crew FX4

Auto Graphics Plus

I reproduce 69 and 70 Boss 302 stripe kits and other muscle car decals.