Author Topic: 2nd movie trailer "Ford v Ferrari  (Read 1214 times)

Offline d1boss

Re: 2nd movie trailer "Ford v Ferrari
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 11:38:43 pm »
Regardless of the ‘based/stretched on a true story’.
This movie will generate interest in the muscle car era.

Hey Scott, not sure who you think may have been a better fit for the part. I am interested to hear your take on it..
From the trailer, my novice 2cents, I was impressed with Christian Bales effort on the accent etc.
Bruce

Online crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 07:45:19 am »
Regardless of the ‘based/stretched on a true story’.
This movie will generate interest in the muscle car era.

Hey Scott, not sure who you think may have been a better fit for the part. I am interested to hear your take on it..
From the trailer, my novice 2cents, I was impressed with Christian Bales effort on the accent etc.
Bruce

Bruce,
Christian Bale is British, so his 'accent' for the role of Ken Miles is natural for him. Some of you may know that Tom Cruise was offered the role of Shelby after James Best. Cruise was onboard, until the funding dropped out as I mentioned. That said, 'my' choice for Miles would have been Adrian Brody. I agree with the first casting, James Best would have been the perfect choice for Shelby…he looked like him, sounded like him and was also from the south. Oh well…Hollywood blew another one. Lastly, Hollywood needs to be over the top/entertaining these days for ticket sales and marketing.
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline Clifford

• No Life
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 08:38:59 am »
and in my opinion the casting choices and production values of this film are all wrong.

I think you're correct on both counts, but I'm still looking forward in seeing this movie.
The Big Red Dog

Offline McKeever

• Needs A Job
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 05:39:25 pm »
WOW!!

This movie has gotten so much "press", internet today it's amazing!

Here's what I didn't know......I knew the name Ken Miles, I didn't know the man.

In the last 3 day's I've spent a good hour or so each day reading about him. Truly amazing that a Ford, Cobra, Mustang, Shelby guy like me, Never knew how big a part he was of the Shelby GT350 .

I learned just today "The GT350 was Miles baby", many photo's of the day show him with all 4 wheels of the GT350 off the ground which earned him the nickname of "The Flyin Limey".

Sounds like this movie will bring him the recognition he deserves, that in it's self is a fantastic story.
Owned my BOSS since March 1974.
0F02G154740 Dearborn 1-16-70
Honesty is doing the right thing with a witness.
Integrity is doing the right thing without one.
The finish line seems ever distant.

Online crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 05:51:32 pm »
WOW!!

This movie has gotten so much "press", internet today it's amazing!

Here's what I didn't know......I knew the name Ken Miles, I didn't know the man.

In the last 3 day's I've spent a good hour or so each day reading about him. Truly amazing that a Ford, Cobra, Mustang, Shelby guy like me, Never knew how big a part he was of the Shelby GT350 .

I learned just today "The GT350 was Miles baby", many photo's of the day show him with all 4 wheels of the GT350 off the ground which earned him the nickname of "The Flyin Limey".

Sounds like this movie will bring him the recognition he deserves, that in it's self is a fantastic story.

Mark,
Another excellent Shelby American driver in his own right was the virtually unknown Dave MacDonald. He was also killed doing what he did best...
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline McKeever

• Needs A Job
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:13 pm »
Interesting Scott, I'll check it out.
Owned my BOSS since March 1974.
0F02G154740 Dearborn 1-16-70
Honesty is doing the right thing with a witness.
Integrity is doing the right thing without one.
The finish line seems ever distant.

Offline G159245

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 02:54:30 pm »
went to see it   i liked it   i remember some of the story from when it happened   they should have explained shelby american not winning first place a little better       one of the neater things is dan gurneys son playing dan gurney