Author Topic: D1ZF-GA carb  (Read 1208 times)

Offline bossman51

D1ZF-GA carb
« on: November 17, 2019, 09:21:43 pm »
Doe's anybody know anything about the D1ZF-GA carb? I'm having a hard time figuring out what it came on, It has D1ZF-GA stamping on the lower housing and also on the tag. I read that it could be the over the counter replacement for the D1ZF-ZA. I pulled one off a boss 351 intake today and was curious if anybody could shed any light. I'm going to be selling it but first need to figure out what its worth.     Thanks in advance.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
Re: D1ZF-GA carb
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:58:57 am »
351 CJ Auto

Offline bossman51

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:10:12 am »
Thanks for the info. Any idea what its worth? It is complete, pulled off a running car yesterday. It does leak a little and would benefit from a rebuild but its all there.

Offline 1971rcode

• No Life
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:12:15 pm »
the 351 CJ engine was a late 1971 engine, very few made. according to Marti auto Mustang by the numbers book, there was 95 1971 mustangs 351 CJ auto made, and 49 with manual trannys.  I have only see 1 1971 351 cj mustang it was an automatic.  and the book cougars by the numbers there was only 1 1971 mercury cougar built with a 351 CJ and it was an automatic. I do not know if those numbers are correct,  but they are the numbers in the books I have.    there was 2 different carburetors listed for that engine in the Ford master parts Book. but it does not show me which is for an auto tranny and which is for a manual tranny.   they are D1ZF FA and D1ZF GA.  I have a D1ZF FA the FA does NOT have a auto trnny kick down,  so its a 4 speed carb.  so like was said before, have to assume the GA is for an auto tranny.   whats onteresting, I have seen another D1ZF FA tranny, and it had a motorcraft tag, and had motorcraaft on the top. the one I have has an autolite tag. and is not marked on the top.  not sure if the oother one was a replacement carb, or just a later built carb than the one I have.    is yours an autolite or a motorcraft? is it blank on the top front right hand side , or does it say motorcraft.  does the tag say autolite or motorcraft?   value hate to say probably about what thee rest are worth 100 or 200 for a core.    the reason, probably not many of the 71 351 CJ still around. but who really knows.