Author Topic: E-Mach  (Read 349 times)

Offline 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
E-Mach
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:34:10 am »
Well.. what do you all think ? IMO it is an Insult to the greatest car ever made.. to place that Running Horse on that rolling piece of Soccer Mom JUNK is an Outrage ! Then to add Salt to the wound you placed another Iconic name on it..Mach.... Call it what it is... a E-Escape...nothing more nothing less.... other than really upsetting a large loyal following of the greatest car ever made!!! 🙄 I am so sure you Loons at Ford will be looking for pictures of suckers with is E-junk parked next to their REAL car... See?? I won't even place the word Mustang in that last sentence because it does not belong there !!!! 🤮... or maybe E-Flex.

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
  • Henry Ford III at Peterson
Re: E-Mach
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 07:31:19 am »
Corporate stupidity right up there with changing the taste of Coca Cola. What a complete travesty, and the roll out video is nauseating. I won't even post a link to it - will save you the revulsion. Jim Hackett needs to go back to making filing cabinets.

Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline fordaholic

• Life-long Ford Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:59:02 am »
   I have to agree with you both. I "endured" that horribly presented, way too long, roll-out last night. I feel Ford has committed a huge slap in the face to every owner and fan of the REAL Mustang. Next year, I will have owned my 68 Fastback for 50 years, so I think I am a fan. Also owned 3 other Mustangs and several other Ford cars and trucks. When I was in 6th grade, I had my mom sew the word Ford on the back of my parka. I have been a Ford fan my whole life, but I feel so betrayed right now. There's nothing wrong with a company keeping up with the times, but don't call that thing a Mustang. Leave that name alone!!!!!! I know on Facebook, it is not getting a good reception at all with that name. I have already posted in, I think, 4 groups and the huge majority of comments are against that thing being called a Mustang. Sorry for the long rant, but I'm a little, no, a lot, PO'd right now. Where's my medication.........      Mel
currently owned:
68 Mustang fastback - owned since 1970.  J code, fact 4 speed, disc brake, fold-down seat, etc.  2010 Sturgis Mustang Rally "Knuckle Choice" award winner (sponsor pick).
33 Ford Victoria - owned since 1973.  All steel.  4 bolt main 351 Cobra Jet, C6.  Driven to "Back to the 50's"  every year.
73 F250 highboy w/8' snowplow
77 F250 highboy.
03 F250 Lariat Crew Cab, V10, Leather
B2 motor - needs a G-code home
Previously owned:
70 Boss 302
71 Mach 1 429 auto
73 Mach 1 351 auto
57 Ford convert.
70 Torino Cobra 429 4spd
many others

Offline d1boss

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 10:50:08 am »
EJunk well said. That’s fitting, I think it’s going to stick.
There is always another Bebe type kissass coming up with IDEAS!!
Well that’s just great putting the whole nation in jeopardy!!

Offline libuilder

• No Life
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 01:05:48 pm »
This is an abomination.  It reminds me of the Mustang/Probe controversy.  Hopefully they will come to their senses and rename this millennial’s delight something else, although they seem to be all in on the branding.

I recently viewed a video about what it is like to recharge one of these slot cars away from your house.  It is unbelievably tough, as the video shows.  it also highlights a specification that is used on these charging stations for electric cars.  That is the Miles Per Hour that you can expect to achieve.  No, not the top speed, but how many miles of running you get with each HOUR of charging.  Some of these charge stations will give you 16 MPH!  In other words, sit there for an hour for the privilege of driving another 16 miles.  The costs for this are also enlightening.  Here is the video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMBdpXGwVlY
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:15:48 pm by libuilder »

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 03:16:05 pm »
My worthless two cents…
This is WHY I do not buy new cars anymore.
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline competitionorange

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 07:17:24 pm »
Disgusting. Never will I buy a Ford made after today's date. Sickens me. Not only is it an abomination, it also means there won't be any more Mach 1 Mustangs made.

Offline 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 04:33:10 am »
.Just watched the video on Youtube about charging these things..it was comical..... from the multiple charging adapters..to the speed of charging station, to the length of time spent playing with his multiple charging phone Apps... In the video the host refers to a Toyota survey about Boomers and concludes Boomer dont have the "Band width " to comprehend this EV tech. Oh yes they do !!.. LOL They see their children doing what they always do ..playing on their phones and pretending to do something.😂🤣

Offline Clifford

• No Life
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 07:53:17 am »
Well.. what do you all think ? IMO it is an Insult to the greatest car ever made.. to place that Running Horse on that rolling piece of Soccer Mom JUNK is an Outrage ! Then to add Salt to the wound you placed another Iconic name on it..Mach.... Call it what it is... a E-Escape...nothing more nothing less.... other than really upsetting a large loyal following of the greatest car ever made!!! 🙄 I am so sure you Loons at Ford will be looking for pictures of suckers with is E-junk parked next to their REAL car... See?? I won't even place the word Mustang in that last sentence because it does not belong there !!!! 🤮... or maybe E-Flex.

I know what I think. I just don't know what Ford was thinking in naming this electric SUV.

I still consider myself a Ford guy, but honestly this SUV reminds me of the Pontiac Aztek. When I first saw the 2001 Pontiac Aztek at the 2000 North American International Auto Show in Detroit the first thing that came to my mind was "Who let this thing come out of GM?"

I think coming out with an electric SUV by Ford is not a bad idea, but I seriously question the Mustang name and Mustang styling of this thing. The in-fighting within Ford when it came to the styling and naming of this vehicle must have been very interesting. I honestly wish Ford the best with the production and sales of this 2021 scheduled vehicle. Its my understanding that this electric SUV has a starting price of $44,995.

Here's a link to a 2017 Car and Driver article titled: "Best Forgotten: The Story of the Pontiac Aztek"   

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a14989657/pontiac-aztek-the-story-of-a-vehicle-best-forgotten-feature/
The Big Red Dog

Offline rhjanes

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 08:18:39 am »
I don't like the use of the Mustang (as Shelby would say, Sport car) name on this SUV.  But I've also wondered what next-steps Ford would do.  They announced they were stopping selling cars/sedans in the US.  Leaving truck and SUV chassis only.  If they were to keep the Mustang, I would think it would become much more expensive.  They would have to be developing a chassis for just the one model line.  Think, Corvette.  Think GT.  Think going from $$ to $$$$$$ for a new Mustang. 

They are excited about the range also.  Well I'm not.  250 to 300 miles around town between necessary charge, well OK around town.  But take a trip out here in the western half of the US with that range? 

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 02:29:53 pm »
So I've been ruminating about this for some time. I do think it is a corporate blunder, but it probably is an important step for Ford. I just wish they would have named it something else. Did you hear in the rollout that the design team's name was "Edison?" They should have considered using that name (maybe they did) because Edison and Tesla were arch rivals in the rush to develop electricity.

I am further torn because my car is in the new ad for the car. The set was closed on the first day of shooting so I didn't get to see the new "Mustang." On the second and third day the set was open and they were shooting the vintage Mustangs with the new Shelby and the new Escape.
The commercial turned out to be pretty cool, and there are some nice shots of my car, even though some are less tan a second long.

Then there is the ongoing story of how they messed up my car, but that's for a different thread. Yes, it was against my better judgement to let the car out of my control, but they swore they'd "make it right." Stay tuned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC_TJW445Mc&feature=youtu.be
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline AlexM

• No Life
  • Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 04:05:33 pm »
So that was a cool commercial and neat your car was in it. Curious to hear the rest of the story though.. Hopefully it has a happy ending.

Cool Car, but I'm in the camp of "it should have a different name". Unless that IS the Mustang for 2021? Or is there still going to be a Mustang as we know it too? If that IS the Mustang for 2021, then it's quite a departure, if it's not then it should have a different name because what's next the Mustang Mach-F150? I don't like the idea of smearing the name around.

I like the internal name of Edison, given the competitive relationship with Tesla.  But I think the 'Ford Edison' just doesn't sound new and leading edge, maybe it sounds too much like Edsel. Sounds historical, old, don't think it would market well. Tesla for some reason rings futuristic. So I think Tesla name won that round.

Either way a different name, something that starts with F and Electrical:
Ford Fault
Ford Fusebox
Ford Faraday
Ford Field
Ford Farad
Ford Ferrite
Ford Flux
Ford Flashover
Ford Fourier
Ford Flip-Flop
--Alex
1969 Mach 1
1970 BOSS 302 0F02G120146
1970 BOSS 302 0F02G119233 W code
1969 BOSS 302 9F02G196425
1969 BOSS 429 9F02Z198888 KK 1982

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 04:23:33 pm »
So I've been ruminating about this for some time. I do think it is a corporate blunder, but it probably is an important step for Ford. I just wish they would have named it something else. Did you hear in the rollout that the design team's name was "Edison?" They should have considered using that name (maybe they did) because Edison and Tesla were arch rivals in the rush to develop electricity.

I am further torn because my car is in the new ad for the car. The set was closed on the first day of shooting so I didn't get to see the new "Mustang." On the second and third day the set was open and they were shooting the vintage Mustangs with the new Shelby and the new Escape.
The commercial turned out to be pretty cool, and there are some nice shots of my car, even though some are less tan a second long.

Then there is the ongoing story of how they messed up my car, but that's for a different thread. Yes, it was against my better judgement to let the car out of my control, but they swore they'd "make it right." Stay tuned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC_TJW445Mc&feature=youtu.be

Gary,
Nice to hear your car was used in the commercial! Now, that said, and one who knows this first hand as a cameraman, NEVER let any production company use your car. They always damage it no matter how many 'promises' they say they won't.
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 05:38:40 pm »
So far: Broken reverse lockout. Blown (original) muffler.  :'(
The driver apparently stalled it and had trouble restarting. (Hot)
It backfired so loud that it cleared a bar in downtown LA - they thought a bomb had gone off.
I've found an old school tranny guy, thanks to 69MustangMike, to look at the linkage or ? Supposed to see him on Friday.
Does anyone have a good set of original late '70 mufflers? Either that or I'll be calling Scott Fuller...

I know...I know...I know......
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline CHIZ_65

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 11:38:21 pm »
Base price is $44k and change...and they say there is a "GT" version that has a longer charge time and goes from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. That's a second faster than the current V8 GT...Electric cars are crazy fast. But that thing is priced in the mid 60's i think... For an extra $10k I'd just finance a new GT500 and call it a day. haha...

I feel bad that they gave the Mach name to this car. Now we wont see a Mach edition of one of our gas guzzlin' beauties… But I see what Ford did. They used the Mustang line to help propel the sales of this thing. Makes sense. Just call it the new model of your best selling line of automobiles.

Lets get ready to see how Chevy and Dodge respond. Electric Camaro and Challenger SUVs on the horizon!?
1965 Fastback 289 A-Code
1970 Grabber Blue BOSS 302
2011 GT Roushcharged