Author Topic: musing  (Read 407 times)

Offline stillakid54

• Cool Newbie
musing
« on: December 21, 2019, 09:29:33 pm »
Just an observation. No listings here for nearly six months. ? No cars, too many cars, no interests, no interests in cars that do not sell? Feel I can ask as an owner, that is not interested in selling.
"Bookend" red/black 71: boss 1/ scj convertible

Offline B1n71

• Cool Newbie
Re: musing
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
I noticed the same thing, I normally visit the site everyday but have found for the most part no or very few post. I just figured it had to do with holidays and the season for most people.

Offline pbf777

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 03:38:10 pm »
     It's the SLOOOOOOOOW response rate on the forum, people won't wait!     ;)

Scott.

Offline svo2scj

• No Life
  • Yeah it's the wrong paint and cap!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 02:22:14 pm »
     It's the SLOOOOOOOOW response rate on the forum, people won't wait!     ;)

Scott.

No it is that fact that when a few cars sold for over 100K  EVERYONE (mostly dealers/quick flip resto style) bought Boss 351's to again flip "thinking they would profit" in the upturn !!   

THE BEST cars, aren't for sale and if so would be over $100K (as the collective value) of date coded, correct Boss 351 parts are what sets a high end car from all the others out there.  True collectors that value the Boss 351 shy away from the MSD distributor, repro ram air, missing radiator, manifolds and Rev Limiter ALL DAY LONG. 

There are sitll sub $40K projects out there and there are a TON of auction cars (now making the rounds at flip dealers) in the $75K asking range.   They will sell eventually at a price between what the dealer paid and MAX a buyer will part with.   https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/past-sales/43244

Some of the best sales aren't even advertised , rather part of buys at large events we all attend. 

Mark
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:58:52 pm by svo2scj »
Mark Haas
517 861 7630